In this episode of the podcast we analyze China’s rising role in influencing the content of games and the behavior of game developers outside of China.
- Recent Blizzard controversy and online protest around Hong Kong
- Tencent and Netease’s acquisition of foreign developers
- Mainland versions of popular international games like PUBG
- Analysis of Mainland China’s biggest games and their success abroad
- Breakdown of China’s domestic market by gaming platform
- US overtaking China as the world’s largest gaming market
- NBA & Hollywood controversies over Chinese influence