In this episode of the podcast we discuss what’s ailing China’s game industry as of late. As with everything China, politics are involved.
- How and why Tencent has lost $160 billion in market cap in recent months
- What’s behind China’s game approval freeze
- How Chinese developers and publishers view this situation
- How this situation might turn around, along with near-term effects
- China’s regulatory structure
- Gaming addiction in China, including notorious “treatment camps”
- Recent lootbox and micro-transaction controversy